Wednesday 6 November 2013

DIY Statement Beanie

Hey Lovelees!

So the weather here in Edmonton has taken a turn, which means it's time to bust out the beanies! Ah, something fashionable and cool. Statement beanies have been popping up everywhere, but I thought I would give it my own spin by adding some tasteful bling. Try this easy fix to spice up a plain, kinda boring, black beanie.




Materials:
- beanie
- necklace (I used this one, and similar here)
- needle and thread (try using embroidery thread if you can, it makes things quicker and easier)
- optional: pliers

Instructions:
1. Slide the letter beads off of the chain. Depending on the necklace you choose, you may need to remove the clasp in order to take the beads off. The pliers should do the trick.

2. Lay your beanie flat and position the letters.

3. Once you're happy with the look, it's time to sew them on. I used about 2-3 stitches per letter with the embroidery thread. If you're using regular sewing thread, the more the merrier!






And that's it! I gotta say, I'm quite impressed with myself. So easy but it still looks so cool and chic.There are tons of other inexpensive pendants and charms out, so go crazy people (what do you think of using this?). Give it a shot and please let me know how it goes!

Love!
Rachelle
@RachelleMLee @MakeYouLoveLee


No comments:

Post a Comment