Once I spotted this samurai sweater on Outsapop, I wanted it right away. But after countless unsuccessful Google searches (still haven't figured out the designer by the way), I thought hey, I can totally make this! So here it is:
- knit sweater
- 16 silver brads
- leather/faux leather
- leather awl (or sharp scissors)
- scale pattern
1. Trace 6 scales onto the back of the leather. Cut out.
2. Punch holes in the scales using the awl or scissors.
3. Using 2 brads, attach the first scale onto the front and back of one sweater sleeve. Do this by inserting the brad through the leather and the sweater, then split open the ends inside.
4. Attach the second scale to the first scales. Then attach these two connected pieces to the sweater.
5. Repeat step 3 on the last scale.
6. Repeat steps 3-5 on the other sleeve.
And now you have a finished sweater resembling fierce samurai armor. Wear your hair up so everyone can see the unique details!
Love love love!
Rachelle @RachelleMLee @MakeYouLoveLee