In this DIY, I combined my two favorite trends at the moment: metallic and box clutches. The sleek chic of both makes any outfit special. After seeing Love Aesthetics use a VHS tape case to make a clutch, I knew it would be perfect for this project so I went to work!
- VHS case
- mirror poster board (see the scrapbooking section)
- aluminum foil tape (from the plumbing aisle in any hardware store/Walmart)
- E6000 glue
1. Remove the plastic cover from the VHS case.
2. Open the case and trace onto the back of the poster board. Also trace the two short sides and the one long side of case (2 strips of about 1" by 4.5", and 1 strip of 1" by 7.5"). Cut out.
3. Glue the large rectangle of poster board onto the open case. Close the case and weigh it down with heavy books. Let dry.
4. Glue the remaining strips of mirror onto the case. Let dry.
5. To hide the uncovered edges of the clutch, first cut the aluminum tape to the correct length. Cut the tape pieces to a quarter of the original width.
6. Peel off the backing and carefully place along the inside edge of the case. Fold over the edge and smooth the remainder onto the outside.
And voila, a sleek and shiny metallic clutch! Wear with a completely neutral outfit so it really stands out.You will want all of the attention on this sucker!
Rachelle Follow on Twitter @RachelleMLee @MakeYouLoveLee