Hello there Lovelees!
We all have those perfect boots - you wear them so much that they start feeling a little boring.Today's DIY is the best way to spruce up a basic pair of black boots. Sure, the chain straps look pretty darn cool, but they're removable too! You don't have to completely sacrifice your favorite boots and they're even more wearable.
I was first inspired to add heavy chain embellishments to my boots when I saw this pair
by Givenchy. But this tutorial
from A Pair & A Spare
showed me that I could make them removable too! Here's my take:
- a pair of boots
- curb chain (about 40cm)
- 2 hair elastics...trust me!
- 8 jump rings
- optional: embroidery thread
1. Measure then cut the chain so it wraps around the top of the boot. I would suggest for you to remove one or two links so it will be really snug with the elastic.
2. Attach one jump ring to each end of the chain.
3. Open another jump ring and add on to one of the rings from the previous step. Then link on a hair elastic.
4. Link the same elastic to the other end of the chain with two more jump rings.
5.Repeat steps 1-4 for the other boot.
6. I wrapped embroidery thread around the middle of the elastics. This is to prevent the elastics from snagging and pulling the whole strap off.
Now just slip these babies on over the toe of each boot, and your good to go! The heavy curb chain adds just the right touch of edge to your basic boots. Go ahead and try this out, it's just too easy.