Thursday 5 September 2013

DIY Spherical Earrings

Hey Lovelees!



I'm back from an amazing experience interning in New York, and I thought of so many new projects while I was there! This particular project was inspired by these earrings from European brand & Other Stories. The only way to buy them was to fly to Europe, so I came up with this DIY instead. I saved a lot of money, and now you can too!

Materials:

- silver-plated plastic beads in varying sizes (I stuck to 2 sizes, but it's completely up to you!)
- 2 silver earring posts
- 2 earring backs
- e6000 glue

Instructions:

1. Arrange the beads into whatever pattern you like. I took a picture of the order to reference later on.

2. Glue the beads together. Make sure the holes of the beads are facing inward to get the full spherical effect.

3. Leave to dry.

4. Glue the earring posts. For stability, attach them to a larger bead in the cluster. Let dry and add on the earring backs.






And that's it! So simple and easy, but they end up looking so elegant and classy. You could also use copper beads to imitate the original ones, or try gold beads too! If you try this out, please send us a picture!!

Rachelle
@RachelleMLee @makeyoulovelee
And like us on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment